m

Potato Head Folk - Newest Hipster Spot at Keong Saik Road

For those whom have been to Indonesia - Bali before, you probably would have heard of Potato Head Beach Club. 

Now Singapore has its own Potato Head Folk and is housed in the most iconic building at 36 Keong Saik Road. 

As you can google lots of information about Potato Head on the web, I shall not waste too much time talking about the business or start with a history lesson. 

Allow the pictures to bring you for a brief tour of the restaurant, then lastly showcasing the food I had. 
The ground floor with outdoor seating
Entrance / Stairway to the Second floor 

THE SECOND FLOOR
Top notched interior designs with a quirky vibe. This is truly the spot for hipsters. 
The Dining Room on the Second Floor 

THE THIRD FLOOR
Studio 1939 on the third floor

Studio 1939 - Looking so very sleek and sexy. I heard that they will be shaking up cocktails real soon.  


THE FOOD
The cute looking menu offers mainly artisanal burgers, homemade sides, sodas and cocktails.
Four Floors Burger - Double prime beef patties with double cheese, triple onions, lettuce and pickles x Notorious T.O.M homemade slow cooked sauce and den miso mayo.
Honky Tonk - Buttermilk fried chicken, coleslaw, lettuce, Big Poppa Hot Sauce and den miso mayo.


VERDICT:
Potato Head Folk had won me over with their bright and colourful setting. The space was absolutely gorgeous, as it looked really good in reality and on pictures. I can imagine many people taking their selfies and ootd photos here.

Food wise - they serve pretty good mouth-watering burgers, heavy on the sauces though (personally I like) sometimes it could get real messy. The thick cut house fries were the best comfort food I had here, anything potato works well for me.

On the flip side, service was not compromised - I need to catch one of staff's attention to get a table. Everyone seems to be busy with their own work, but the restaurant wasn't even running full when I arrived. 

One staff took my orders, but probably had too much things going in his mind, forgotten about my orders. He then came back to my table and asked for my order again. 

I am usually prepared to accept new opening jitters, and I am confident that the service will beef up on my return visit.

As a whole, I am still pleased with the overall experience and I would say that Potato Head Folk is definitely one of those places you should go for gourmet burgers and artisanal cocktails. 

Photo credit: PTTheadfolk

Potato Head Folk
Address: 36 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089143
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PotatoHeadFolk



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment