m

Bincho x Moosehead - The Birth of Two Worlds


Who doesn't love a good chef collaboration?

Join Chef Asai Masashi and Chef Manel Valero, as they joined forces to bring you three new interpretations of their favourite dishes at Bincho and Moosehead.

The first collaboration of these two phenomenal chefs will be taking place at each respective restaurant from 1 to 31 October 2014. Diners can look forward to sample beautifully artistic dishes with different cooking techniques and complex melding of flavours.

So here's the twist; Chef Asai at Bincho will be transforming Chef Manel's dishes like Chargrilled Asparagus with leeks and garlic miso, Chargrilled Octopus with red pepper and lime, and Crispy spiced pigs ears.

Asparagus with Leeks and Garlic Miso ($14)
Octopus with Red Pepper and Lime ($35)
Crispy Spiced Pigs Ears ($16)

VERDICT (BINCHO)
My votes for Bincho goes out to the Chargrilled octopus and the Crispy spiced pig ears.

Chef Asai grilled the octopus over the open charcoal until it was smoking hot and slightly charred. The octopus had the great char on the outside and was amazingly tender. It made me think that all octopus were created equal on this planet.

The exciting pig ears was spiced with red chill flakes and lime zest which got my tastebud tingling. The golden crisp was so crunchy, I could easily trade up from my potato chips addiction to this delightful dish.


Chef Asai behind the scene

Having enjoyed sampling three dishes of amazing Japanese flair at Bincho, it's time for Chef Manel to put his Mediterranean spin on three of Chef Asai’s Chicken Tsukune, Pacific Saury Fish and Beef Tongue at Moosehead
Chicken Tsukune ($18)
Pacific Saury Fish ($28)

VERDICT (MOOSEHEAD)
The verdict at Moosehead was handed down to the Chicken Tsukune and Beef Tongue. 

Tsukune, Japanese chicken meatballs are skewered and typically grilled over charcoal. Chef Manel however prepared the chicken meat differently in a form of patty, grilled and served on a crusty bread. I especially liked this interpretation of Tsukune, as the bread brought in more texture and flavour when you eat them together. Simple, and enjoyable. 


Beef Tongue, it was rather unfortunate that I missed out taking photos of this dish. Was probably busy being a "lighting technican" at the table, I entirely forgot about it. 

It was fear factor for me, as it was my first time sampling beef tongue. The dish resembles two huge stripes of grilled pork liver and topped with garlic butter parsley sauce. The simple fact that I took up the "fear factor challenge" was because I am usually adventurous to try new food. 

It proved to me that my decision was correct. The beef tongue was so well executed, I didn't even had a second thought that it was a beef tongue I ate. 

   Chef Asai (Left) and Chef Manel (Right) 

It seems like a magical time in my life and I am so blessed to be able to sample both of the chef's dishes. Thank you Bincho and Moosehead for making this possible. 

All the above featured dishes will be available at either restaurant from 1st to 31st October 2014. It is the best time to grab a seat for this exciting collaboration. Do it. You know you wanna.

Bincho
78 Moh Guan Terrace #01-19 
Singapore 162078
Tel: (65) 6438 4567 
https://www.facebook.com/binchohuabee

Opening Hours
Tuesday – Sunday: Lunch: 12 pm – 2.30 pm Dinner: 6 pm – 10.30 pm
Saturday: Dinner: 6 pm – 11.00 pm
Closed on Mondays


Moosehead Kitchen-Bar
110 Telok Ayer Street 
Singapore 068579 
Tel: (65) 6636 8055 
www.facebook.com/MooseheadKitchenBar

Opening Hours
Monday – Friday: Lunch: 12 pm – 2.30 pm Dinner: 6 pm – 10.30 pm
Saturday: Dinner: 6 pm – 10.30 pm Closed on Sundays

*Photo Credits: Moosehead Octopus Cover and Chef Images (Gastro-Sense)

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written - Great information.Thanks for sharing it with us. Please also visit my birth time chart page and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete