m

Flock Cafe Ghim Moh - All Day Breakfast And Brunch

With an unbeatable combination of good food and great service, the Flock Cafe is a family-run cafe that's perfect for everyone. Whether you are celebrating for a family special occasion, or just catching up with friends over coffee or tea, Flock Cafe offers an informal and relaxed setting for breakfast, lunch and dinner to be served soon (Dinner details to be advised at later date).

Riding on the success of its flagship outlet (founded 31 October 2012) at 78 Moh Guan Terrace in Tiong Bahru Estate, Flock Cafe opened its second outlet in the little quaint estate of Ghim Moh. The culture and characteristic of Flock Cafe, is the result of dedicated staff and passionate family owners, which makes the cafe stand out from the rest. Edith and Elaine Lee runs the day-to-day operations for both outlets, while their brother Nicolas manages the social media and marketing efforts.

All day breakfast and brunch fans can indulge in the cafe's hearty takes on savoury selections such as the Cheeky Eggs ($14), the Eggs Sally ($14), and the new Waffle and Scrambled Eggs ($13) which was launched about 3 weeks ago. If you are looking for lunch options, try the Homemade Nonya Fish Patty ($15), the Chicken Katsu Burger ($15) or the Pork Cheek Rigatoni ($14). 

Brioche French Toast ($12) - Toasted Brioche with Fruit Compote, Bacon and Maple Syrup

French toasts are always at the top of breakfast lovers' list, and in this version of simple breakfast, the fluffy brioche is crowned with fresh fruits and crisp bacon strips. What makes this dish really shine was the perfect bacon, it was crispy and crumbly just the way I liked. 

Everyone likes their bacon a little different, so you are not in the same camp as me, you would probably prefer it a little chewier. All you need to do is just ask, and tell the staff how you like your bacon to be done. 

Pork Cheek Rigatoni ($14) - Pork Cheek Pasta with Parmesan and Basil 

When I tasted the pork cheek rigatoni, I must say that I was certainly impressed. The generous serving of the pork cheek gave a deeply meaty texture to this dish, the freshly boiled rigatoni was al dente and the sauce was intensely flavourful. It will do even better with more parmesan on top. 
Cheeky Eggs ($14) - Poached Eggs and Braised Pork Cheeks on Toasted Brioche with Hollandaise Sauce 

Poached eggs make an impressive breakfast or brunch perched on toast, and they can be a little tricky to get right but Flock Cafe does it perfectly well. The white is set and the yolk was runny served over a bed of flavourful braised pork cheek and fluffy toast. 

I was told that Flock Cafe has a stable supply of fresh, high quality, locally produced eggs, and you cannot get them from the local markets or stores outside. It is much easier to have your perfect eggs here, than trying to make your own at home. 

Lemon Tart ($7)

This has to be one of the better lemon tarts I have tasted, and you will know the reason why as they are produced by Le-Cordon-Bleu-trained pastry chef Gwen Lim at Patisserie G. The tart had a balanced lemon flavor and buttery crust. 

Most of the lemon tarts I tried were too hard to slice even with a knife. While some prefer the crust to be crispier or thicker, I liked the texture of the curd to crust ratio so that I could enjoy it with just a fork. 
Classic Cheese Cake ($7)

The other pastry I tried from the same patisserie was the light and velvety smooth cheesecake. Delicate lashings of cream cheese turned this dessert into an American beauty, the base was lightly browned and soft. I wouldn't mind if the cheesecake comes with a crumbly biscuit base. 

White Chocolate Latte (Hot $6 / Iced $7)

On the beverage list, choose your favourite milk-based espresso using Liberty coffee beans, or select from the range of Gryphon gourmet teas or non-caffeine drinks available. I tried the  Flock special White Chocolate Latte, served either hot or iced which can really be a decadent coffee treat. I was expecting it to be very sweet, but to my surprise it was very balanced with a kick of espresso while getting a hearty taste of white chocolate in my cup.


The good folks of Flock Cafe are planning to introduce dinner and new offerings on the menu, probably in the next few weeks or a couple of months later. I hope I could update you more with exciting news and mouth-watering dishes in the near future. Stay tuned!


FLOCK CAFE (GHIM MOH)
Address: Block 21 Ghim Moh Road, #01-213, Singapore 270021 (View Map)

Opening Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 9:00am-6:00pm
Tel: 6710-7804

FLOCK CAFE (TIONG BAHRU)
Address: 78 Moh Guan Terrace, #01-25, Singapore 162078 (View Map)
Opening Hours: Daily 8:00am-6:00pm
Tel: 6536-3938


Website: http://www.flock.sg
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/flocksg

2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:urgentloan22@gmail.com Thank you

    ReplyDelete